Australia, Antractica, Africa, Central America, South America, and North America are all controlled by the monsters. It's time for you to take a stand! FIGHT! FIGHT FOR YOUR WORLD!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How to Roleplay (MUST READ)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Admin

Yen : 15

PostSubject: How to Roleplay (MUST READ)   Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

What roleplaying is and how I do it
This won't take to long. Roleplaying is well... it's playing a character.you make your own character, and then you get to act out their life. For instance, I might write:

Code:
Skye wrote:    
I turned around and looked around. There was a girl a few feet away, she looked about my age. I made up my mind and walked over to her. I was going to introduce myself. I liked new friends.

Literacy:
Here is a problem we would perfer not to see. For instance here's a bad example of roleplaying:

Code:
Max wrote:    
i turned around and saw a girl.she lookd my age. i would be her friend. she would be mine. i walked over to her and started talkin. i new she liked me.

We highly perfer not to see any of that. Please use correct grammar. It makes this all this easier for everyone.
Powerplaying
Something you shouldn't do is powerplaying. Powerplaying is when you take control of another character. This can be very aggravating, especially if the person does something annoying. For example:

Code:
Skye  wrote:    
I gritted my teeth angrily at the girl whom I spoke about earlier. We hadn't had a great start, turns out we like very different things. I glared at her and she became so scared she ran away. We never really talked again after that. Go figure.

WHO DOES THAT?!

Out of Character
There's no way to tell whether you're adding something to your post that's out of character, so the inventors of the online roleplay made up Out Of Character, or OOC. You can use OOC to suggest what to do to the other person, to comment on something, or basically anything. Here's an example of a roleplay with OOC:

Code:
Skye wrote:    
I gritted my teeth angrily at the girl whom I spoke about earlier. We hadn't had a great start, turns out we like very different things. I glared at her.  This won't end well..
OOC~Now you say something like, I walked away. I was never going to talk to her again xD

And then he might say:

Code:
Sammeh wrote:    
OOC: brb need to help my mom
BIC:I stared back at the girl. She was giving me the death glare. I turned around and walked away. No need to waste my time on her.

As you probably can figure out, BIC means back in character. Some people use different symbols for playing out of character. Like: ~ - * % $ @ # !. Ect.

Double Posting
Please do not double post. Or triple-, quadruple-, googolplex-posting, whatever. When you do multiple posts without anyone else posting, it looks really sloppy and bad. So don't multiple-post. Just don't do it.

Length of Posts
Please do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, Use short posts. Remember, they must be five sentances long.

Code:
Skye wrote:    
I walked around.

And then they double post:
Code:
Skye wrote:
I walked around.

Code:
Skye wrote:    
My feet were silent on the ground.

Code:
Skye wrote:    
I finally arrived where I needed to be.

And so on... and it gets quite boring to read. Please put some effort into your posts; if you're going to post like that, combine it all into one post. I'm not saying your post has to be lecture-long, just make it interesting to read. ALL POSTS MUST BE AT LEAST FIVE SENTENCES LONG.

Code:
Max wrote:    
I lace up my sneakers and get ready to walk around, stretching down to my toes. I start running and run for about five minutes. I'm already exhausted, so I finish running and sit down, gulping down my water. Training was so hard, but if I wanted to be the best I needed practice.

See? Isn't that so much better than above?

Thank you for reading this post. It will be great to see all the wonderful roleplayers out there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How to Roleplay (MUST READ)
Page 1 of 1